Residents of Mastuj Tehsil decides to boycott the forthcoming
CHITRAL: The residents of Mastuj tehsil have decided to
boycott the forthcoming census to start from 25th April if the
provincial government further delayed the much awaited work on the
rehabilitation of 4.2 mega watt Reshun hydro power station which
had been partially washed away by torrential floods in July 2015.
Addressing a protest meeting held at Reshun here on Sunday, the
speaker village nazim Shahzada Munir, Haji Bubul Aman, Abu Lais
Ramdasi, Syed Sardar Hussain Shah, Arifullah, Anisur Rahman and
others regretted that the government turned a deaf ear to their
repeated demand of rehabilitating the power station which supplied
electricity to sixteen thousand households of the area.
They said that the flood had washed away only the generator room
while the power tunnel, the forebay tank, the switch room and the
transmission line were unaffected by the flood and rehabilitation
of power supply was possible within a couple of months by
reconstruction of the power house.
They alleged that the authorities of Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development
Organization (PEDO) made phenomenal enhancement in its estimated
cost and showed the whole power station damaged by the flood.
The speakers said that the residents of the area time and again
approached the government with the request to restore the facility
but no heed was paid to their frantic calls which forced them to
resort to protests and boycott the census.
“The government always duped us with promises to start work on the
site to pacify us but every time it went back of its words with the
result that the people have lost their confidence on PTI government
and they will continue their protest till work is started on the
site”, they said.