Government of Pakistan
Cabinet Secretariat (Aviation Division)
Pakistan Meteorological Department
Issue Date: 19 August, 2015
Issue Time: 14:00 PM
Air temperature in Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral is expected to
increase by 2-4°C during next three days due to relatively
clearer skies. Afterward, light to moderate rain is also
expected at isolated places. As a result, melt rate will enhance
which is likely to trigger GLOF/flash flood events in Bagrot,
Shigar, Skardu, Khaploo, Ghanchey and valleys of Chitral
district in KP. People residing along the path of flow must
remain vigilant during the period and authorities concerned may
take necessary measures.
M. Akram Anjum
For Director General
1. DG, Gilgit-Baltistan Disaster Management Authority (GBDMA).
2. Chairman, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
3. National Project Director, Pakistan GLOF Project, Islamabad.
4. National Project Manager, Pakistan GLOF Project, Islamabad.
5. Field Manager, Pakistan GLOF Project, Gilgit/Chitral.
6. DRMC office, Datuchee Village via Field Manager, Pakistan
GLOF Project, Gilgit.
7. Director, Regional Meteorological Center, Gilgit.
8. Program Director, Rescue 1122, Gilgit.
9. DCO's Gilgit & Chitral.