:: Front Page

:: Your Letters

:: Articles

:: Weather Updates

:: Poetry

:: Chitral Info

:: Pictures

:: About Us








     February  10,  2016


Chitral Police recovered hide and horn of Kashmiri Markhor

By Zahiruddin

CHITRAL: Chitral police recovered the hide and horn of the kashmir markhor from the possession of the poachers who had poached a trophy size kashmir makhor in the Toshi-Shasha game reserve last week and had fled the scene taking advantage of the absence of watchers of wild department.

An official of Chitral police told Chitral Times t that the poachers Mubarak Ahmed and Israr, two real brothers and residents of Kuju village, confessed to their crime during the course
of investigation and indicated the spot where the parts of the poached markhor and the automatic rifle had been concealed.

He said that the district police officer, Asif Iqbal Momand had constituted a special team of investigation keeping in view the gravity of the offense as the makhor had been
marked for trophy hunting this season while the accused had got bail before arrest from a local court.

He sai that the accused were arrested and cases were instituted against them under the sections of Protection of Wildlife Act 2015 and Pakistan Penal code for keeping illegal

Interestingly enough, the divisional forest officer, wildlife division Chitral has charge sheeted the watcher who raided the house of the poacher and recovered eight kilogram of meat as proof on the basis of which cases was registered with the local police.

An inner source in the wildlife department said that the senior watcher posted in the game reserve of Toshi-Shahsha, Muhammad Afzal, got scot free who was absent from the place of duty at the time of occurrence of the incident and did not chase the poachers when he was informed soon after the poachers shot dead the animal.

The president of village conservation committee, Israr Nabi had hailed the efforts of Chitral police for recovering the important parts of the poached markhor and said that the senior watcher had committed an act of criminal negligence by letting the poachers flee the pasture without being chased. Despite repeated efforts, the divisional forest officer, Imtiaz Hussain could not be contacted for his comments as he had gone to Peshawar to attend an official meeting.



mail @ chitraltimes@gmail.com

| Front Page | Chitral | Advertisement | Weather | About Us | Bookmark Us |