Assets beyond means –
NAB arrests Tariq Awan Secretary WWB in illegal assets case worth
rs. 354.920 million
Chitral Times Report
PESHAWAR: NAB Khyber Pakhtunkhwa arrested accused Tariq Awan,
Ex-Secretary Worker Welfare Board (WWB) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
allegedly involved in accumulation of illegal assets worth Rs.
As per details, the matter was brought into the notice of NAB
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Authorities. Taking cognizance of the matter
inquiry was authorized to ascertain the real facts and collect
requisite evidence regarding moveable and immoveable properties
owned, controlled and possessed by the accused in his own name and
in the name of his dependents etc.
During the course of inquiry it was revealed that the accused Tariq
Awan Ex-Secretary WWB acquired illegal assets while he remained
posted on key post of Secretary WWB. The accused Tariq Awan
purchased the following precious movable properties which is
disproportionate to his legal sources of income: -
1. 306 Kanal 10 Marla Precious land at Band Korai, D.I.Khan.
2. 726 Kanal Land and 5 Marla Land at Ketch, D.I.Khan.
3. Agro Oil factory measuring 30 Kanal, Rakh Mandra, D.I.Khan.
4. 200 Kanal land at Rakh Band Korai, D.I.Khan.
5. 182 Kanal Costly land at Qayum Nagar, D.I.Khan.
6. 83 Kanal 8 Marla Land at Sheikh Raju, D.I.Khan.
7. Plaza on plot measuring 12 marla at Khamboh, Peshawar
8. 40 Kanal precious land at mauza Jandala, Islamabad.
9. Luxury bungalow at Defence Housing Scheme, D.I.Khan.
10. 12 Marla Kamboh, Peshawar.
11. Precious Flat at Dean Apartment Afzalabad, Peshawar.
12. 14 Marla plot at Maira Hyderabad, Peshawar.
14. 1 plot at Regi Model Town Peshawar.
15. 6 Marla plot, Mahal Terai, Peshawar.
16. House at Gali Loharan Wali, D.I.Khan
17. Valuable Apartment at Fortune Residency, Sector F-11,
18. 6 Marla plot at Garhi Rahim Daad, Peshawar.
19. 18 Marla plot at Tehkal Bala, Peshawar.
20. 2 Kanal 4 marla Land Sheikh Raju, D.I.Khan.
21. 04 Commercial Shops at Spinzer Market, D.I.Khan.
22. 20 Marla plot at at Kamboh, Peshawar.
23. 9 Precious commercial shops at 1st Floor, Gold Tower, Peshawar.
24. 1.3 KG Gold.
It merits to mention here that accused Tariq Awan Ex-Secretary WWB
has already been arrested by NAB Khyber Pakhtunkhwa involved in
corruption and embezzlement of funds in WWB fraudulently.
The accused will be presented before Accountability Court for
obtaining his physical remand.